Lead by making disciples
We are committed to being an environment where everyone can be equipped, encouraged and launched to live a life of Kingdom influence!
Lead by making Disciples
“Go into all the world and make disciples of all nations”
Helping others follow Jesus as His disciples is our primary leadership focus. It is our main job description. If we are not leading with this end in mind, then our leadership is out of sync with Jesus’ priorities.
At Every Nation London we want to equip and empower every believer to not only be a disciple, but to lead others to be disciples. We don’t want it said of anyone: “You have been believers so long now that you ought to be teaching others. Instead, you need someone to teach you again the basic things about God’s word” (Hebrews 5:12)
Defining discipleship so we can do discipleship
Pastor Steve Murrell (The current president of Every Nation) says: “Discipleship is not supposed to be complicated or confusing. In fact, it is so simple that Jesus explained it to uneducated fishermen in two words: ‘Follow me’.” He lists the following principles to answer the question “how do you define discipleship?”
- A disciple is a person who follows Jesus.
- Every Christian should be a disciple.
- Every disciple should make disciples.
- Discipleship is the process of helping others follow Jesus.
- Discipleship is a life-long journey not a six-week class.
- Discipleship happens best in community (small groups).
- Evangelism and discipleship should not be separated.
- Discipleship is relationship.
- Jesus wants all nations to be discipled.
- Making disciples is the job of every Christian every day.
How you can lead in making disciples:
- Familiarise yourself with the primary “tools” we use in discipleship: The One-to-One Booklet, The Follow Course, The Purple Book and Victory Weekends.
- Engage with non-believers and share the Good News of Jesus.
- Take a new believer through the One-2-One booklet.
- Invite others into the community of a Connect Group.
- Encourage believers to join the next Follow Course.
But I can’t!
Don’t believe the “myth of maturity” which tells you that you have to know everything to lead someone. We believe that as long as you are just one step ahead of someone in your spiritual walk, you can lead them. Simply take what you have received, and pass it on to others! So make yourself available, plug in, be equipped through The Follow Course, and lead someone else on this great God-adventure called discipleship!